Wednesday, August 22, 2007

When it rains, it pours

Hi everyone,
Just about a week+ until my due date, and wow, life is getting interesting.........

You'll notice in my picture (when I finally post it) that I have a few nice scars on my face, which are healing well and were just the beginning of some not so fun things that have been going on in the McCool household for the last two weeks.......

Without getting too much into detail, here goes -
PJ was out of town for a funeral, it was a Friday night and I was home alone, waiting for my in-laws and two neices to arrive, who were to spend the weekend with me. As many of you know, our dog Mardi is slightly crazy.....she was on the couch and I was leaned up against the couch sitting on the floor. She was being her usual self.....I was petting her and turned around to face her and for some reason she bit me. It was pretty bad - I ended up in the Emergency Room with a Plastic Surgeon. Almost two weeks later, my face is healing nicely. I went back to the surgeon yesterday and now we just have to wait and see how things go over the next year. I shouldn't need any additional work done. It was not any kind of agressive attack from the dog - more of a reaction to my action (not that it was okay)....but scary nontheless. PJ of course drove back to Indy immediately.

But my poor dog Mardi - we did have to put her to sleep, which was a really difficult thing for PJ and I to do. We were already concerned about having her around the baby, so while the decision was probably a good one, it was not easy, as I am sure it is never is when dealing with family pets. Because of state laws, we just recently did this, as she had to spend a certain amount of time in quarantine. We are doing okay with it all. Of course, better me than the baby and all in all, the situation is probably better for all involved, including Mardi. It is just really emotional for me - she was my baby, I had her from the time she was 6 weeks old, and despite her faulty wiring and somewhat crazy disposition - we had a connection and she was family. I'm really going to miss that dog.

Well, on top of all that, we are experiencing plumbing problems.....starting with a backed up sewer into our basement - got that taken care of and our water main broke. So I am working on getting that taken care of. Of course, because the water main is in our front yard, it is not covered under our home warranty and means our front yard needs to be excavated. Fun.

They say bad things happen in threes - and with a few other things going on as well, I am not sure if we have hit our limit or should be expecting something else.... It is what it is - just have to accept what life hands us and figure out how to keep going without going crazy. Laughter sure helps in times like these!

On to better news - the baby is doing well - just moving around all the time in my belly. Even through stitches and tears over the dog and frustration with a new house......he is doing great. Thank goodness. We are hoping he can wait until at least this weekend before making his debut, and ideally closer to his due date next weekend......though I guess we don't get much say in that (though, since PJ and I were both late arrivals, BBM could be as well!).

I attended a La Leche League meeting the other night and really enjoyed it - it was really great to be in a room with breastfeeding mothers who themselves felt supported and will in turn support me. I felt like it was a place I could fit in, where my thoughts and ideas were not looked at as crazy, but was just what was normal in the room of women. I had no idea it would be so welcoming and just nice. Lots of great advice. I am already looking forward to going back with BBM next month and joining LLL as well.

Headed back to the doctor in the am for another weekly visit - we'll see if I am progressing....

No comments:

Post a Comment