Well my due date is this weekend.......just went to the doctor for my weekly visit. I am progressing.....
Still about 1 cm dialated, but about 50% effaced and Dr G could feel the baby's head this morning! She thinks he is about 7.5 lbs at this point and he is in a really good position. Moving downward, which is good. She thinks he will make his debut within the next week, so we'll see, but you just can never predict with babies!
His heartbeat is good - he was moving around a lot while we were listening, so it was at about 150, but then went to its usual 130. My blood pressure is good, actually went down a bit, must be the cooler weather. Still have lots of water retention (love the cankles!), but am trying to walk to keep it at a minimum (isn't it wierd that walking helps reduce retention? Must be the increased circulation). My weight is steady - a little less than last week, but that's normal at the end (and considering that I am pushing the charts with my weight, quite above the "normal" range, steady works for me!).
If he has not arrived by next Thursday, we are going to discuss the next steps.....how long she'll let me go, things to try to get him to come (though she told me no castor oil, it really brings labor on quick, though I might prefer that to pitocin) - this weekend I am going to have some spicy thai food, maybe that will help. It would be great if he came over the weekend! Labor on Labor Day!
Making my own cleaner
16 years ago

I was born on Labor Day, and get to celebrate a day off of work for it this year too! Good luck with your remaining days/hours!!
ReplyDelete-Megs