Things are going great - I feel good, I have more energy - thank goodness for the second trimester!
JOB UPDATE - alert alert......yes, I was promoted to "Senior Advisor" in my office. Woohoo!! I am going to help coordinate our learning community program and coordinate special events for the advising center in addition to my regular advising responsibilities (though I will spend less time on those to have time for new things!). I am really excited about the new opportunities that await me. I officially start on April 1, though I really started already. And there is a lot to take care of!
BABY UPDATE - baby McCool is doing great! Had a doctor's visit this morning and things are going fine. I need to drink more water, which I can swing. Honestly, I thought I was drinking enough - I am so thristy all the time and drink a lot already! I have gained a total of 8-10 lbs since I found out I was pregnant (sometimes I like to quote my pre-prego weight at my ideal weight and maybe I was a little heavier than that - especially since I hadn't been running due to my IT band). Anyway, my doctor is not concerned in the least. It seems like a lot, but most people still can't tell I am pregnant unless they know me really weel and don't think I have gotten much bigger! I am eating well, working out, sleeping lots, all the things I should be doing! I tried running last week - ha ha, that was a joke, but want to try again this weekend. Walking seems like the easier option now.....
We heard the heartbeat on the doppler today - it was really fast, maybe 168! The baby is really low too....probably why my pants don't fit! What do the wives tales say about that? Girl? Boy? :)
At my appt, my doctor and I discussed my desire for natural childbirth. Obviously, I would never put my child at danger and if need be, am open to changing the plan at the time. But, PJ and I are going to start a Bradley Method class this April - I am so excited! My doctor also recommended that we look into hiring a doula, which is something I had previously thought about. She said the Bradley method and support from a doula complement each other. Evidence proves that an experienced doula CAN help labor and often women who choose to have a doula have a lower % of c-sections and less need for other medical interventions. They also tend to have shorter labors (BONUS!). Yes, I know, it all depends on the situation and how things are going along at the time, but I think a doula is worth the money (it's like going out for a fancy steak dinner, which we enjoy, so we'll just have to skip one to pay for the doula!). I had done some research previously at dona.net and think I will start doing that again. My doctor actually encouraged me to bring whichever doula we select to a few appts so they can get to know each other. Great plan!
Starting next month, I will be seeing a doctor from my regular family practice since my doctor is having a baby in April! I will continue with the other doctor until she returns, but am happy to see either doctor, as they are both fantastic!
Next month we will also be scheduled to have our ultrasound to determine the gender of the baby. Can't wait! I am headed home in April for Courtney's marathon, and hope we can get the ultrasound scheduled before then, which would allow us to share the news with my family in person!
Making my own cleaner
16 years ago

168 is a good number. I had to keep reminding myself that it was normal for the baby! LOL!
ReplyDeleteLow is (old wives tale) supposed to be a boy.
What is a doula? What is the Bradley Method? You are totally talking in parent speak and I can't keep up!
ReplyDelete--Janna