Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I'm ready.

A week ago if you had asked me, "Kyle - are you ready to have this baby?" - I would have exclaimed, "No - she's not due for another month - I feel great and am nowhere near ready!". Ask me again today. I am ready. As of this weekend I am not feeling that great. Let me complain for a minute - I am hot (and it is not that hot yet). I am emotional (feeling like I am always on teh verge of tears!). I am short tempered (PJ is loving that). I am nauseous. I am full but hungry. I am running out of room in my belly (which by the way, is way bigger this time!).

Last week my dr and I talked about the option of starting to strip my membranes this week to help start my cervix softening - I was thinking I would wait until at least 38 weeks, but now I am thinking that tomorrow sounds great.

And I am nesting - I don't really remember nesting with B, but this time I can tell. For example - Sunday night when I got home from STL I felt the incredible urge to pack a hospital bag RIGHT THEN. I took all my weekend clothes from the bag and piled them on top of the rest of the clothes I needed to put away and frantically started packing. And there is so much that I have decided HAS to get done this weekend - random things and necessary things - from purchasing my new pump, to cutting the grass, to setting up the co-sleeper, to buying Dreft, to reorganizing the basement (last night I HAD to sweep part of the basement and the other night I was cleaning all the walls and baseboards in the kitchen) - I told you so. Nesting. Oh - and we HAVE to trade my car in this weekend. Therefore, I have to last until at least Sunday. But I am ready. I think.

That all being said, I am not expecting ANYTHING to happen before June 30. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there love! She'll be here soon and all your overwhelming feelings will fly away! Just take it easy and if something doesn't get done, I'll do it when I'm there or send Bryan over to do it when he is there! No stress...baby girl is coming soon :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete