Thursday, January 11, 2007

Just a few updates

Ugggg......so queasy all the time! Not fun - but totally worth it :)!!!!!

Okay - so I think I found a doctor. As I think I posted previously, I am really interested in water birth, but my family doctor, also a maternity doctor, has not done one, but gave me the name of a great OB who DOES do them! So.....I called her office. Of course, she is not accepting new patients, but after talking to the nurse, they decided to take me - which is great news! Next week, I go to see the nurse for my intake session. Next week PJ and I also go to take a tour of the Gentle Birthings Center at the hospital where you can do a water birth, where this doctor and my family doctor both deliver. I am really excited about the idea of it. For me, going as natural as possible and as gentle as possible is very important.

I looked up some books about natural birthing and ordered a book called Active Birth, which teaches many relaxation and breathing techniques, and goes through the ins and outs of birthing. I also oreded a book for pilates and pregnancy...which I am looking forward to. In my current pilates class, there is another girl who is due at the same time! So after this session, we can probably do a private class, tailored toward our growing bellies. Good news!

Don't see the doctor until February, but that is okay!

Oh - my new food aversion - white rice. YUCK YUCK YUCK - makes my stomach turn just thinking of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment