Monday, January 1, 2007

Counting the weeks (includes pics)


Here I am - 5 weeks along, just over one month! It looks like I am showing, but I am not - just have a little pooch I guess!

I have found it very confusing to determine how to count the weeks of my pregnancy - do I start with possible conception date or with last day of period? After reading a few things, and considering that most women give birth 38-40 AFTER the first day of their last period, I think I will count from that point. That being said, I am just over 5 weeks along at this point. Still very early in the pregnancy - in fact, this blog is still totally private and only PJ and I can view it! We are going to take monthly pictures to document the changes in my body. I had a friend that did that, and each month we got to see how much bigger her belly got - it was fantastic to watch!

I imagine that the last few months will not be pretty. My mom mentioned that when she was pregnant with me - hot summer - she retained quite a bit of water..... oh well, thank goodness for flipflops!

Thursday I head to the doctor for bloodwork and a follow up for my IT Band - hopefully I'll be able to move away from the illiptical machine and back to running soon! My goal was today, but this cold is making it near impossible to even consider working out! Soon, soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment